[MOD]: Super Silo + Fertilizer (updated 22/01/11)

Moderator: Focus Team

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

[MOD]: Super Silo + Fertilizer (updated 22/01/11)

Postby Elmo » 20 November 2010, 18:17

Name
Super Silo + Fertilizer

Author
Elmo

Special thanks to keeda for telling me where the file with the fertilizer options is

The mod has been requested by mr-tom in the mod request thread (http://forum.citiesxl.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1163)

Description
1. This mod increases the range of the silo by 20% and the fertilizer building by 50%
2. It decreases the required level of freight near the buildings by 15%
3. To balance the mod, the upkeep cost of silos has been increased by 20%, and the upkeep of fertilizer has been increased by 50%
4. The number of required workers has also been increased so they can keep up with distributing the recourses over the new broader range :)

Versions

Updated 22/01/2011

Installation
Download the file below and copy it into the Cities XL 2011 paks folder (default location: C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011\paks)
Then start the game as usual. The mod will be loaded automatically. Delete the mod in case it makes the game crash while loading (I never had that problem).

Download
http://xlnation.net/content/super-silo-fertiliser

Notes
1. In case you have any problems with the mod or recommendations on how to make it better, please post in this topic or send me a private message (PM).
2. The creator of the mod cannot be held responsible for any game related issues caused by the mod.

Have fun playing!
Last edited by Elmo on 22 January 2011, 23:14, edited 5 times in total.

keeda

Re: [MOD]: Super Silo (+fertilizer)

Postby keeda » 20 November 2010, 18:34

awesome! I never thought about this until now. This will take my farming into the stratosphere. No need to figure out the best geometric shape for optimum yield :D

Evergreen

Postby Evergreen » 20 November 2010, 19:29

Magic....... :idea:

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 20 November 2010, 22:15

Thank you. I am now a very happy boy.

Evergreen

Re: [MOD]: Super Silo + Fertilizer

Postby Evergreen » 21 November 2010, 14:44

Just to show you how great this is , i have nominate you for a trixie at Simtropolis. ( of course you're other mods are also good ) :D

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 21 November 2010, 15:15

Evergreen wrote:Just to show you how great this is , i have nominate you for a trixie at Simtropolis. ( of course you're other mods are also good ) :D

Wow, thanks! I don't know what to say... I'd like to thank my family for all the support... :lol:

Seriously, thank you very much. It's an honour.

mr-tom wrote:Thank you. I am now a very happy boy.

My goal in life is to make you guys and girls happy, so I'm glad that it's working ;)

keeda wrote:awesome! I never thought about this until now. This will take my farming into the stratosphere. No need to figure out the best geometric shape for optimum yield :D

Yeah, the way it was originally made by Monte Cristo makes it hard to create efficient agricultural areas. In real life, people in rural areas would transport their produce for miles to the nearest silo or to get some fertilizer.

Any recommendations though?

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 21 November 2010, 16:12

Elmo wrote:Any recommendations though?

I think that personally I'd have kept fertilizer separate and simply made the same style of change to it that you have with silos, i.e. greater area of effect, more jobs and higher cost.

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 21 November 2010, 16:44

mr-tom wrote:
Elmo wrote:Any recommendations though?

I think that personally I'd have kept fertilizer separate and simply made the same style of change to it that you have with silos, i.e. greater area of effect, more jobs and higher cost.

I wanted to do it that same way, but here is the reason why I couldn't:

Elmo wrote:Description
[...]
3. It also makes silos provide fertilizer in the same range as their silo services, thus making the fertilizer building unnecessary. The reason for adding the fertilizer effect was my inability to locate the file corresponding to the fertilizer building, so I could not increase its range as well (which has been requested)

I checked tens of files but I can't find anything regarding the fertilizer anywhere, which is quite odd. It must be there somewhere since the building exists... I suppose the file has been badly misplaced.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 21 November 2010, 16:56

Apologies :oops: - I did understand that and wasn't suggesting anything bad - it was just very wishful thinking!

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 21 November 2010, 18:54

Haha no problem :)

I am not giving up easily, so hopefully I will be able to find the fertilizer file soon.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”