Pharmist Mod Experiments

Moderator: Focus Team

pharmist
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Mod ; End 2010 Award - Best Mod (In Progress)

Pharmist Mod Experiments

Postby pharmist » 08 December 2010, 07:36

Hello,

A brief Introduction:

I have been playing Cities XL since the original beta for Cities XL 2009. During the Beta I found a need to modify the game to suit my needs so I searched for a way to unpack the game files. I found a site called XENTAX.COM where a member named ALUIGI had made a BMS script to unpack the game files. It was on the beta forum I met a member named NILO who introduced me to his first mod which unlocked then Cheat function allowing us to unlock all buildings, add money, save and reload games, and run debug options. Nilo met another member on the beta forum named MOAKU who had been working on the same things and also showed NILO many more Experiments he had made to unlock all of the game options. MOAKU had discovered many new things about the game which he shared with NILO and myself. When Cities XL was released back in 2009 all mods were restricted by the publisher Monte Cristo by not allowing modified LUA, CLASS, or any other file type or the game would crash. What we needed was a repacker to put the mod files into a game .patch file. This is when I found a German web site called CitiesXS.net and a member named OKEANOS who was posting Mods for CitiesXL 2009 in the form of a .patch file. I knew he had to have a repacker to do this so I sent him a message asking him about his repacker. After sharing a few messages he agreed to share his repacker with me and asked me to join a private modding forum on CitiesXS.net so we could share our experiments with other modders. Moaku also joined the private forum and showed us many more new discoveries he had made. We continued to share experiments until the publisher Monte Cristo went bankrupt and it appeared the game would be abandoned so slowly most lost their interest in the game. I purchased CitiesXL 2011 for the $20 offer Focus made to original owners and have been experimenting with the game again.

I thought I would post some of the experiments I have been working on from time to time in case some might find in interest in some of these mods. I have only post one MOD for CitiesXL 2009 and one for CitiesXL 2011 which is the Extra Terraforming Options 2009 &2011 Mod's. I do not plan on posting any of the experiments because there are too many modded files which could possibly conflict with current or future Mods. I do not have this problem because I only use my own Mods. I would however be glad to share some of my experiments with anyone who shows an interest in them as long as they know that they are unsupported by me. If someone with the skills can take my work and make a publishable Mod they are welcome to do so. I will also be glad to answer any questions or PM's to those looking for information on how my experiments work, time allowed.

I want to make a personal Thank You and give Credit to;
ALUIGI
NILO
MOAKU
OKEANOS

-pharmist
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is the Link to download some of my experiments. I will add new Links as I work on new projects. Have Fun and I hope you learn something new.
Read The Read Me File First.....

DEC-07-2010: Pharmist Experiments.zip:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NEW EXPERIMENTS:

MAY-01-2011 Z_R_Avenue_40x25_WaterRoad_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXS Forum named Asterian and Cities XL Forum names JTWeedcrop. They both wanted to know if I could create a road that could be placed at water level. This is based on the Small Avenue as I do most of my prototype experiments. It will not replace the Small Avenue.

These Water Roads can be quite tricky to place on water until you get the hang of it. You will get the warning "road can not be built below water level" a lot of the time, just practice. Another thing is the only way to connect a Water Road to other roads is at an intersection (junction).

I can create other size Water Roads if members show an interest. Please provide feedback, opinions, and suggestions.

This is a New Experiment therefore no old Patch files to remove.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr-30-2011 Z_R_Road_40x15_BusRoad_V1.00.zip

This is an experiment to test the new Bus Road ability I discovered. This experiment is for the 15 unit wide Road, it does not replace the 15 unit wide road. This was the size that many members requested so here it is. This road is only for buses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr-30-2011 UK_BUS_SPEED_FIX_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment designed to fix the Bus Speed for the UK small and regular size Bus. I always wondered why the UK Buses were slower then others, so I fixed it.

Apr-30-2011 Z_MRTNRLN_AVE-2_ARD-3_OWR-3_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member from Cities XL Forum named Mandelsoft (aka; Maarten). Maarten planned a trio of roads based on the 20 unit wide road. Maarten and I have been collaborating together to take these plans and turn them into an experiment.

Apr-17-2011 Z_Z_Fall_Trees_EveryWhere_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment inspired by a member of Cities XL forum named "Lardef". Lardef asked if I could make the trees on the roads, plazas, and building lots have Fall Colors. I still need to work on a better mix of colors and change the Forest trees to Fall colors. You must have the Z_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00 installed for this experiment to work properly.

Apr-17-2011 Z_Wooden_Bridge_PP_v1.00.zip OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by a member of Cites XL forum named "Peluche". Peluche wanted to know if I could make a Pedestrian Path Bridge(PP) with a wooden board texture. This experiment still needs much work. The railings do not line up properly most of the time. There is no support structure for the bridge. I will continue to work on this experiment when time allows.

Apr-17-2011 Z_R_Avenue_40x25_BusRoad_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment to test the new Bus Road ability I discovered. This experiment is for the Small Avenue, it does not replace the small avenue. This is a BUS ROAD, meaning that only Buses and Pedestrians can travel on this road. You will find that the BUS ROADS do not have a CITY LINK, which means you can not build anything along these roads.

Apr-15-2011 Z_R_Expressway_40x40_BusLane_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment to test the new Bus Lane ability I discovered. This experiment is for the ExpressWay, it does not replace the ExpressWay. I choose the ExpressWay because it was less work then using the Six Lane road. This experiment is only meant to show that a Bus Lane is possible. The lanes I choose to make the Bus Lane for the ExpressWay are the middle lanes because these seemed to be the best choice.

Apr-15-2011 Z_R_Avenue_40x25_BusLane_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment to test the new Bus Lane ability I discovered. This experiment is for the Small Avenue, it does not replace the small avenue. I choose the Small Avenue because it was the Prototype road used in my original Bus Lane experiment. This experiment is only meant to show that a Bus Lane is possible. The lanes I choose to make the Bus Lane for the Samll Avenue were delegated by the fact that if we have bus stops on this road the Bus Lane needs to be on the outside where the Bus Stops are at.

Apr-11-2011 Z_BRING_BACK_INTERCHANGES_v1.00.zip OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named cheuk18me94. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could Bring Back the Missing Road Interchange With Roundabouts that happened after the New Patch from Focus. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could add the Road Interchange Without Roundabouts.

Mar-31-2011 Z_Z_PalmTree_To_Change_v1.00.zip

The purpose of this experiment is to change the Palm Trees that appear on the Luxary Avenue, Executive and Elite building lots. A member of Generation City named Clamato asked if I could change the Palm Trees to some other trees that fit the location better.

This is a New Experiment therefore no old Patch files to remove. Only use one Patch File at a time. "Z_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00" is required for the Trees to appear correctly.

Mar-28-2011 Z_Evergreen_Farm_Blvd_40x30_v1.25.zip

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make a large avenue with the Farm road texture.

This is a New Experiment so there are no old .Patch files to remove.

Mar-27-2011 Z_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00.zip

This is an experiment that should make the correct Trees and Plants appear on your roads and Building lots the way they are suppose to.

Mar-25-2011 Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_blvd_40x30_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named cheuk18me94. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could make a 30 unit wide road with the Ski Gem texture plus Bus Stops.

Mar-25-2011: Z_Evergreen_Medieval_ Blvd_40x20_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. I had a left over road that was unclaimed so Evergreen decided to claim it.

Mar-20-2011: Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_Road_40x20_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named cheuk18me94. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could make a 20 unit wide road with the Ski Gem texture plus Bus Stops. I call it "Z_ Cheuk18me94_Snowy_Road_40x20_v1.00"

Mar-08-2011: Z_Evergreen_Farm_Avenue_40x25_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make a small avenue with the Farm road texture. I call it "Z_Evergreen_Farm_Avenue_40x25_v1.00"

Mar-06-2011: Z_Asterian_Medieval_Blvd_40x30_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXS Forum named Asterian. Asterian wanted to know if I could make a larger version of the medieval road. I call it "Z_Asterian_Medieval_Blvd_40x30_v1.00"

Mar-06-2011: Z_DEFACTO_BLVD_40x40_v1.00.zip:

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXS Forum named Defacto. Defacto wanted to know if I could make a version of the six lane road that could be upgradeable from 1x1 to 2x2 to 3x3 lanes. I call it "Z_DEFACTO_BLVD_40x40_v1.00"

Mar-06-2011: Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Avenue_40x25_v1.00.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make a small avenue with the medieval road texture. I call it "Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Avenue_40x25_v1.00"

Feb-24-2011: Z_Z_BRIDGE_HEIGHT_v1.0.zip:
This is a new experiment I call "Z_Z_BRIDGE_HEIGHT_v1.0". A member of CitiesXL forum named Rob asked if I could make an experiment that would change the default bridge height. There are 7 different Patch files to choose ranging from 0 to 30 in increments of 5.
Only Use One Version of the Z_Z_BRIDGE_HEIGHT_v1.0 Experiment. This is a New Experiment so there are no old .Patch files to remove.

JAN-10-2011: Z_PED_PATH.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY
This is a new experiment involving Pedestrian Paths I call "Z_PED_PATH". There are 2 versions one called "Z_PED_PATH_v6" and "Z_PED_PATH_v7". Only Use One Version. Version 6 is the "Normal" PP's where the Peds only walk on the PP. Version 7 is the "Pedestrians Everywhere" PP's where the Peds have a wider roaming path.

Only Use One Version of the Z_PED_PATH Experiment. This is a New Experiment so there are no old .Patch files to remove.

DEC-26-2010: Z_SANDRO125_PALM_BLVD_v1.7.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is a new road based on the same size road as the French Small Avenue (40x25). It is named Sandro125 Palm Boulevard to give credit to a member of CitesXs forum named Sandro125.
This is a new experiment so there are no old patch files to remove.

Dec-22-2010: Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.1.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY
This is an experiment inspired by the request of two members of CitiesXL Forum named THEJESTR and mr-tom. First to change the expressway suspension bridge to a stone bridge like the small avenue. Second to increase the separation distance between bridge piers.
There are 6 Patch files each being a different separation distance. ONLY USE ONE AT A TIME PLEASE. Please give feedback on what you believe the proper separation distance should be.

Dec-22-2010: Z_FARM_ROADS_v1.1.zip:

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make wider farm roads. I call it "Z_FARM_ROADS_v1.1"
This is a new experiment so there are no old patch files to remove.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATES:

MAY-01-2011: Z_Wooden_Bridge_PP_v1.10.zip

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Wooden_Bridge_PP_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This update adds the Bridge Pier supports.

This is an experiment inspired by a member of Cites XL forum named "Peluche". Peluche wanted to know if I could make a Pedestrian Path Bridge(PP) with a wooden board texture. This experiment still needs much work. The railings do not line up properly most of the time. There is no support structure for the bridge. I will continue to work on this experiment when time allows.

One new thing is I used a different method of pathing for the pedestrians. They will now travel through the junctions properly however sometimes at four-way intersections you will see a pedestrian doing the "Moon Walk".

MAY-01-2011: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v5.30.zip

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V5.25" before you install this new Patch.

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8 LANE_ROAD_v5.30". The main change is the substitution of Plants on the Bridges rather than Trees on GeniusXL Boulevard. On the next update I will add a Bridge with only streetlights. I also updated the road textures for the Default road set for GeniusXL Boulevard removing the side barrier.

Apr-25-2011: Z_BRING_BACK_INTERCHANGES_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch files from your PAK folder called "Z_BRING_BACK_INTERCHANGES_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This update fixes the snapping issue with the "Road Interchange Without Roundabouts". It does not fix the issue of "No City Hall Connection" that you get under certain circumstances. I believe this is why they deprecated this Interchange. It appears that you must have at least one road connection between two interchanges to prevent the No City Hall connection. You also must take into consideration how the traffic will access both sides of the interchange since there is no roundabout for the traffic to turn around and enter the Highway. The best approach is to have an overpass connect both sides of the Highway with the intherchange making a loop.

Mar-31-2011: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch files from your PAK folder called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.10" before you install this new Patch.

This is an update to the 6-Lane road called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.25". This update adds Default road support.

As I get better with road textures I will update this experiment with better ones.

Mar-30-2011: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v5.25.zip OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V5.00" before you install this new Patch.

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8 LANE_ROAD_v5.25". The biggest change is the addition default support and a correction with the German bridges. A member named Hebl on Cities XL forum discovered that you could not build the German bridges on water. It turned out I forgot to change the ground type to any in those class files.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Evergreen_Farm_Avenue_40x25_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Evergreen_Farm_Avenue_40x25_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This update adds default road support.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a very patient member of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make a small avenue with the Farm road texture. It was just a matter of changing the road and pavement pieces with those used by the Farm road. I decided to make one-way versions since the small avenue has these. The furniture still needs to be decided by Evergreen.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_Road_40x20_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_Road_40x20_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named cheuk18me94. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could make a 20 unit wide road with the Ski Gem texture plus Bus Stops.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_blvd_40x30_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Cheuk18me94_Snowy_Blvd_40x30_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a member of CitiesXL Forum named cheuk18me94. Cheuk18me94 wanted to know if I could make a 30 unit wide road with the Ski Gem texture plus Bus Stops. What is unique about this road are the sidewalks. I had to create new 2.5 unit wide sidewalk pieces because the original skigem one looked wierd with pedestrians walking on it.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Asterian_Medieval_Blvd_40x30_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Asterian_Medieval_Blvd_40x30_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This update adds Default road support.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXS Forum named Asterian. Asterian wanted to know if I could make a larger version of the medieval road. This road is based off of the large avenue, 30 units wide. All I had to do was change the large avenue road pieces to medieval road pieces. This is a first run with the current furniture. Asterian may want changes to be made in a future update.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Avenue_40x25_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Avenue_40x25_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. Evergreen wanted to know if I could make a small avenue with the medieval road texture. It was just a matter of changing the road and pavement pieces with those used by the medieval road. I decided to make one-way versions since the small avenue has them. The furniture still needs to be decided by Evergreen.

Mar-28-2011: Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Blvd_40x20_v1.25.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_Evergreen_Medieval_Blvd_40x20_v1.00" before you install this new Patch.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of a members of CitiesXL Forum named Evergreen. I had a left over road that was not claimed so Evergreen decided to claim it.

Mar-19-2011: Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.75.zip:

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.7" before you install this new Patch.

This is an update to the Bridge Test Experiment that increases the height limit of bridges.

This is an experiment inspired by the request of four members of CitiesXL Forum named THEJESTR, mr-tom, Evergreen, and cheuk18me94. First to change the expressway suspension bridge to a stone bridge like the small avenue. Second to increase the separation distance between bridge piers. Third to add the ability to make intersections. Forth to increase the height limit. Fifth allow the bridges to snap while placing an intersection. This makes it much easier to make intersections.. Thanks Luigi87, cheuk18me94, Evergreen, and THEJESTR... :D

Mar-06-2011: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.10.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an update to the 6-Lane road called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.10". I made new textures for the one-way roads that look better.

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_6 LANE_ROAD V3.00" before you install this new Patch.

Feb-21-2011: Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.70.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This an update to the Bridge Test Experiment that adds ability to make intersections with bridges.

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.6" before you install this new Patch.

Feb-21-2011: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.0.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This an update to the 6 lane road, I call it "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v2".  The biggest change is the addition of the German, French, and UK versions ( I plan to include the default later )

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_6 LANE_ROAD V2" before you install this new Patch.

Feb-21-2011: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v5.0.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v5.0".  The biggest change is the addition of the German, French, and UK versions ( I plan to include the default later )

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V4.25" before you install this new Patch.

Jan-22-2011:    Z_PED_PATH_v8.zip:

This is an update to the Pedestrian Path (PP) Experiment called "Z_PED_PATH_v8".  I have only included the Normal PP version where the Peds walk just on the paths.  I can make the "Pedestrians Everywhere" version of the PP if others show interest and provide feedback telling me so.

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_PED_PATH_v6" or "Z_PED_PATH_v7" before you install this new Patch.

Jan-20-2011: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v4.25.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v4.25". This is an update to the 8-Lane Road which fixes a bug discovered by a member of CitiesXS forum named Asterian.

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V4.0" before you install this new Patch.

Jan-07-2011: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v2.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an update to the 6-Lane road called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v2". The change included using new road pieces for the One-Way version which solves a bug in the old version and also new textures.

Make sure to delete the old .patch files from your PAK folder called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v1.5" before you install this new Patch.

Jan-07-2011: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v4.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

The change included using new road pieces for the Normal and One-Way version which solves a bug in the old version and also new textures.

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V3.5" before you install this new Patch.

Jan-07-2011: Z_SANDRO125_PALM_BLVD_v1.8.zip:
This is an update which fixes a few inconsistencies in the previous version.

Make sure you remove or delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_SANDRO125_PALM_BLVD_v1.7" before you install this new one.

Jan-03-2011: Z_BRIDGE_TEST_v1.6.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

WARNING: "POTENTIAL GAME CRASH": I had to change the name of the Stone Expressway Bridge. Before you use the New Version you "MUST" enter all Cities you have used the Stone Expressway Bridge in and either "DELETE" them or Select each Stone Expressway Bridge you have and change it to the Expressway Bridge in the Parameter Panel. It will still look the same but your game will not "CRASH" when you load those Cities. I am sorry for this inconvenience and will try to prevent it in the future.

There are 4 Patch files each being a different separation distance and all having their minimum heights changed. ONLY USE ONE AT A TIME PLEASE. Please give feedback on what you believe the proper separation distance should be.

Dec-22-2010: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v3.5.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v3.5"
Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD V3.3" before you install this new Patch.

Dec-22-2010: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v1.5.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

This is an update to the 6-Lane road called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v1.5". The only change is that you can use this road to experiment with the German and French country roads also.Make sure to delete the old .patch files from your PAK folder called "Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v1" before you install this new Patch.

Dec-13-2010: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_ v3.3.zip: OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Fixed problem when after upgrading the normal road with bus stops on both sides to one-way the bus line would break.Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8_LANE_ROAD_ v3" before you install this new Patch.

Dec-11-2010: Z_6_LANE_ROAD_v1.zip : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Combined the two files named B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA V2 and B_Exp_Bus_USA into one to make the 6-Lane Road plus changed road models.Make sure to delete the old .patch files from your PAK folder called "B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA V2" and "B_Exp_Bus_USA" before you install this new Patch.

Dec-11-2010: Z_8_LANE_ROAD_v3.zip : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Added One-Way upgrades to the 8-Lane Road. Remove old patch file Z_8_LANE_ROAD V2 before installing this new patch.

Dec-10-2010: B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA V2.zip : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Removed the double line by reversing the road sections. Remove old .patch file "B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA" before you install this new Patch.

Dec-10-2010: Z_8_LANE_ROAD V2.zip : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Fixed the problem when placing lots at intersections by changing the collision box parameters. Remove old .patch file "Z_8 LANE_ROAD" before you install this new Patch.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here are a few things I really wanted to have:

Bus Stops on Expressways..............

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OneWay Expressways..................

OneWay Expressways with Bus Stops......................

Pharmist
Last edited by pharmist on 25 May 2011, 00:38, edited 37 times in total.
Please visit my first page for a list of all Experiments:
First Page Link

You can also visit my Under Construction Web Site:
Pharmist Mod Experiments

keeda

Re: Pharmist Mod Experiments

Postby keeda » 08 December 2010, 09:43

Definitely interested. PM'ed you.

stason

Postby stason » 08 December 2010, 10:35

yeh, need that mode too. will be very usefull

pharmist

Postby pharmist » 09 December 2010, 05:45

Hello,

Thank you for your comments...

Here are a few more pictures of my latest experiment I have been working on. I liked the idea of the six lane road above so I thought....

How about a Eight Lane Road...................

How about a Eight Lane Road with Bus Stops.......................

I could make this road One Way like I did the Six Lane road to have eight lanes going in one direction if needed.

-pharmist
First Page Link

Pharmist Mod Experiments

Frode789

Postby Frode789 » 09 December 2010, 11:32

Looks interesting :)

jochem100

Postby jochem100 » 09 December 2010, 15:48

woeheeuew!! that looks awsome!!

How about a eight lane one way road? have you got this working, since your posting pictures of it? wil you release it?

tnx, keep it up!

WilliamL

Postby WilliamL » 10 December 2010, 01:36

That's just fantastic! Is it possible to remove the yellow lines when having a oneway road?

Dude you really should upload these :D they are amazing!

pharmist

Postby pharmist » 10 December 2010, 07:30

Hello,

Thank you all for your comments.

@jochem100...........
I have not made the one-way layout files yet because I am still trying to figure out a bug where when you place a building at an intersection of two 8-lane roads it will sometimes plop on part of the sidewalk. After I figure out this problem I will make the one-way files which will be easy.

@WilliamL.............
Yes it is possible however after I got the road to function properly I was to lazy to figure out the road textures. This is one of the reasons I have made this thread on this forum and others that support Cities XL. I want to share my experiments with others who might have more skills or more time then I to make a publishable mod that they can support for the community. I have been experimenting just for a few weeks since I decided to buy the 2011 version from Focus for the $20 offer. There are some great mods out there but I could not find any for new types of roads or rail. This is my mission to try and understand the logic behind the transportation layout files so we can make many new fun and useful things.

-pharmist
First Page Link

Pharmist Mod Experiments

pharmist

Postby pharmist » 11 December 2010, 04:04

Here are the first updates I have to post for 2 of my road experiments. Follow the directions in the read me please

UPDATES:

B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA V2 : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLYRemoved the double line by reversing the road sections.

This an update to the OneWay 6 lane road, I call it "B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA V2".

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "B_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA" before you install this new Patch.

I changed the road layout so that the double yellow line is gone from the center of the OneWay road but now I need a dshed white line down the middle. This was an easy fix by just changing the direction of the top and bottom road section of leach layout file.
Look at the first file if you downloaded Pharmist Experiments it is called ZB_Oneway_Exp_Bus_USA. Check out the layout files under data\design\layout\road\R_Expressway_40x40\R_Expressway_40x40_USA. Look for the DoubleRoad and LargeDoubleRoad entries and you will see I changed one road to 0 and the other to 1 which flips the road sections around. Still need to play around with other model files to find the right combination to make it look correct.

Z_8_LANE_ROAD V2 : OLD VERSION FOR REFERENCE ONLYFixed the problem when placing lots at intersections by changing the collision box parameters.

This an update to the 8 lane road, I call it "Z_8_LANE_ROAD V2".

Make sure to delete the old .patch file from your PAK folder called "Z_8 LANE_ROAD" before you install this new Patch.

I fixed the problem with the lots sometimes placing on the sidewalk at certain intersections. I forgot to update the Collision Box Parameters for each layout file. Since the road is 40 X 50 the collision Box parameters scale and dimesion need to be st to 40 X 50 also. This obviously fixed the problem......I feel silly for missing that. Look at the first file if you downloaded Pharmist Experiments it is called Z_8_LANE_ROAD. Check out the layout files under data\design\layout\road\R_Expressway_40x50\R_Expressway_40x50_USA. Look for the collision box in each file and you will see the change I made to correct the problem.
Last edited by pharmist on 23 December 2010, 03:48, edited 4 times in total.
First Page Link

Pharmist Mod Experiments

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 11 December 2010, 13:20

Heyho!

Thank you, a really great mod! I tried to mod a one way expressway on myself a very long time ago (it was November 2009, just a few days after realease of Okeanos' tools) but didn't managed it to remove the crash barrier in the middle of the expressway. How did you manage it?

OneWay Expressway is a great improvement, I will use it in my cities.

Just a tiny thing: Could you please use another color than this specific green. Mods are using it to mark their important notes. Thanks!
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Return to “Custom Content Forum”