Re: Pharmist Mod Experiments

Postby X-Flame » 08 December 2011, 22:25

DAMN looks impressive.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 08 December 2011, 23:45

I LOVE IT. Amazing, outstanding, fantastic work!!! :)

jumonjii

Postby jumonjii » 09 December 2011, 01:09

Please can I has?!?!?!

That's awesome. I'm glad you guys are getting 3dmax to work with the game.

pharmist
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Mod ; End 2010 Award - Best Mod (In Progress)
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Mod ; End 2010 Award - Best Mod (In Progress)

Postby pharmist » 09 December 2011, 06:46

@desty128.... Hi desty128, thanks much for the nice complement... :D I have learned how to make some simple shapes so far, and luckily the bridge designs I am working on are not to complex. I think they will do until I get better at modeling or someone with more skills will join in the fun of making new bridges for CXL... :)

@hebl... Hi Hebl, thank you also for the nice complements... :D Once I am settled on the scale of the supports and barricades I will make sizes for the all of the roads from 8-Lane down to small road, so we will have more choices especially when making custom highways and interchanges... :)

@X-Flame... Hi X-Flame, thanks much to you also for the nice complements... :D I would like to make other styles of Bridges for the community, so I hope everyone will please share their ideas of the styles of bridges they would like for their cities... :)

@snick25.... Hi Snick.... :D Thanks much for the complement... :D If you have any types of bridges you would like please share them with me and I will do my best to recreate them for the game... :)

I worked on another style of Bridge this evening similar to my last bridge but with a different type of support this time. I am not satisfied with the scale of the support so I will need to give it another go, but it does look promising.

Please let me know what you think about this style, with the single support down the middle of the bridge. There are many bridges like this in the central USA where I live. Please share your ideas of the style of bridge you would like for your cities. Post some pictures to help illustrate them. I would like to also make some styles that come from other parts of the world, for the community.. :)

-pharmist
Please visit my first page for a list of all Experiments:
First Page Link

You can also visit my Under Construction Web Site:
Pharmist Mod Experiments

simonlp

Postby simonlp » 09 December 2011, 10:11

Very promising indeed!! I look forward to those and more designs for smaller roads too! :-D

simonlp

Postby simonlp » 11 December 2011, 06:34

Hey Pharmist!

I have an idea for expanding on the Busway network, now that we can introduce our own models for new roads and also stations.

Here are some pictures of the Busway in Brisbane:

And here is a link to a thread about it on Skyscrapercity: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=129924c9350073196f87281f361a5e0f&t=460315

Asheroo

Postby Asheroo » 18 December 2011, 10:22

Hey Simonlp, having the Busway stations in the game would be pretty cool. Maybe I could model it if there will be tips put up on making it work with the roads like that (or maybe I need to do some investigating, but I haven't been too active on CXL content). By the way, I'm a very frequent user of the original Busway, the South Eastern Busway. ;) That 3rd shot is one stop I go pass quite a bit - Buranda, and the 4th shot I'll be using a lot for the next 3 years, since I have to catch the train from Southbank to my university on the Gold Coast.

Also simonlp, if you haven't got it, here's a repaint that was done over on Simtropolis a year or so back, which repaints the buses in the game to be a Brisbane bus livery and repaints the trains as well to make them with the QR livery - http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/ ... 2011-v2-0/

qwertman

Postby qwertman » 18 December 2011, 14:55

pharmist wrote:@desty128.... Hi desty128, thanks much for the nice complement... :D I have learned how to make some simple shapes so far, and luckily the bridge designs I am working on are not to complex. I think they will do until I get better at modeling or someone with more skills will join in the fun of making new bridges for CXL... :)

@hebl... Hi Hebl, thank you also for the nice complements... :D Once I am settled on the scale of the supports and barricades I will make sizes for the all of the roads from 8-Lane down to small road, so we will have more choices especially when making custom highways and interchanges... :)

@X-Flame... Hi X-Flame, thanks much to you also for the nice complements... :D I would like to make other styles of Bridges for the community, so I hope everyone will please share their ideas of the styles of bridges they would like for their cities... :)

@snick25.... Hi Snick.... :D Thanks much for the complement... :D If you have any types of bridges you would like please share them with me and I will do my best to recreate them for the game... :)

I worked on another style of Bridge this evening similar to my last bridge but with a different type of support this time. I am not satisfied with the scale of the support so I will need to give it another go, but it does look promising.

Please let me know what you think about this style, with the single support down the middle of the bridge. There are many bridges like this in the central USA where I live. Please share your ideas of the style of bridge you would like for your cities. Post some pictures to help illustrate them. I would like to also make some styles that come from other parts of the world, for the community.. :)

-pharmist

oh my god :O
i was dreaming for this for soooo longg
i hope when the download comes it will have many versions like the pictures i saw, etc: the 3 piers and 1 pier
Image [SSSS]

WilliamL

Postby WilliamL » 19 December 2011, 17:21

I really love that bridge pharmy =) here is a bridge i would like to see in the game,
I dont have any info about it yet though, but stay tuned i will look for som info :p

aitortilla01

Postby aitortilla01 » 21 December 2011, 00:42

pharmist those bridges look excellent! any estimates for the release date?????

Return to “Custom Content Forum”