[MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Moderator: Focus Team

mcsnetworks

Re: [MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Postby mcsnetworks » 19 January 2011, 03:44

FYI, this mod conflicts with the mod that reduces Leisure by 50%.

This mod ends up being cancelled out.

keeda

Postby keeda » 19 January 2011, 03:57

adron -- I will look into your issues. I usually play the game via Globex Unlocker mod with all buildings unlocked or expert mode where everything is available. I have never paid too much attention to when something is unlocked. I placed these buildings in the exeception menu because these converted "shops" retain their leisure attributes which makes them a bit different then normal. I agree with you that they do provide more than the normal share of retail and as a result are more profitable than normal "shops" in the game. That was by design -- a way to counteract the high cost structures in the game without having a "million -- :D " factories all over the map to generate enough income. I also should mention that I use WinterDragon's Commerce Mod where offices and hotels consume retail thereby reducing the strong retail effect throughout the game. In a sense, these two mods work well together.

If these buildings are only counted as leisure, then they would not make a profit in the normal sense...they could not be affected by tax rates that is... A leisure building is not taxed. One can set it up to be profitable but it would show up only as Corporate Tax Revenues -- the same way in which kiwi's moneybank mod works -- money is given to you magically and its source is hard to determine from the balance sheet perspective.

If what you are really asking for is a mod where the leisure buildings are not classified as retail buildings but is profitable to the city, that can be done. But understand, that is different from what I was attempting to do oringially.

keeda

Postby keeda » 19 January 2011, 04:06

mcsnetworks -- you are correct. I haven't looked at that mod in some time but I am sure there is some conflict there. I will look at it tonight. The buildings I converted were the same buildings being affected by the Leisure reduction mod. It is possible there is some cancelling out. I don't use that mod anymore and haven't tested this conversion mod to the reduction one. I stopped using it some time ago as I was looking to a different solution for the overall costs structures in the game. One part of my solution was to convert some leisure buildings to retail. All mods may not be compatible -- one reason is that we may be changing some of the same files.

Rene

Postby Rene » 23 April 2011, 08:38

Any update on this? It indeed conflicts with decrease leisure cost 50%, but then again I could have it the way that some leisure cost the original and some leisure is converted to retail, but then again there is the menu hassle. Dunno.
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

keeda

Postby keeda » 23 April 2011, 18:03

Rene wrote:Any update on this? It indeed conflicts with decrease leisure cost 50%, but then again I could have it the way that some leisure cost the original and some leisure is converted to retail, but then again there is the menu hassle. Dunno.

Hello Rene. I just recently started to play the game again. If I remember correctly, the decrease leisure mod and leisure to retail convert mod edits the same files (this is the reason for the conflict). I will have a look at the decrease leisure mod files and see what I can do. What are you looking for as a solution...?

keeda

Postby keeda » 23 April 2011, 18:17

WinterDragon edits 38 class files and I edit 7 of those files. The 7 files I changed are moved to the retail menu. Other files are not touched by me. I have organized those "other" files differently in my game. In the past I came across other conflicts with the leisure mod where some building did not appear so I stopped using it and eventually created my own solution.

Rene

Postby Rene » 23 April 2011, 18:59

Problems with decrease leisure 50% ?

Now as a solution, ok cities usually do no provide bowling places as service, but I rather take the lower costs, as leisure really gets expensive if you build a big city, I think it can be somewhere at least 500 000 units of cxl money to keep a big populace happy, and then when you go over 1 million popl....

keeda

Postby keeda » 23 April 2011, 19:17

I need you help because I am not fully understanding the issue. If you use both mods, what is happening in the game for you? Do you lose the leisure reduction with everything because of my mod? Is the problem with just the 8 buildings I modded? I understand the large population issue with costs but I am not fully understanding the conflict or the issue. You can always not use the Leisure to Retail Conversion and just use the Leisure Reduction mod and all your costs will be cut in half but I am guessing that you want something else...

Rene

Postby Rene » 23 April 2011, 23:44

Yeah I don't have to use your mod, as these two mods are not working together. Problem solved :)

habbahabba

Postby habbahabba » 06 September 2014, 11:32

I'd love to install this mod, but the file can't be found. Can someone upload this for me, so I can try it out?

Return to “Custom Content Forum”