[MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Moderator: Focus Team

alkor

Re: [MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Postby alkor » 27 December 2010, 14:09

Thanks, now it works.

But I have a question - do those buildings still have a function of leisure or a retail? Now when it doesn`t cost I`ve build many of it in every hausing area, I also build the special project - Tokio Tower, which gives +15% for leisure satisfaction and the people are still bored. How can I make people satisfied with the leisure?

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 27 December 2010, 14:12

You will still need a variety of leisure to make the citizens happy.

Failing that, any chance of a screenshot or four?

alkor

Postby alkor » 28 December 2010, 23:43

It still does not really answer my question - have those objects function of leisure?

keeda

Postby keeda » 29 December 2010, 00:30

the 8 buildings converted still function as leisure/landmark buildings. I did not get rid of this functionality. I also did not make it any stronger. I only changed the ability to be viewed as a retail building along with the budget functions (private tax paying company from public funded one). In case you missed the link to the example screenshoots from above...

example town without any leisure buildings (using Leisure overlay...population is approx 5000)
example town WITH new concert pub building added (using Leisure overlay)
same example town using Retail overlay (there is another retail building in this town not in screenshot)

One leisure building will not solve all of your leisure problems. you need multiple buildings on the proper roads to fullfill the needs of all citizens in a city. The above examples are easy because my test cities are usually very small. I need to be sure the effects I am trying to create actually work. The game becomes more dynamic as the population grows so you may need more of a given solution placed strategically to quell your problems.
Last edited by keeda on 29 December 2010, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

keeda

Postby keeda » 29 December 2010, 00:41

a screenshot of your city or of the problem area in your city could help me/us in diagnosing your problem. Please note, this mod will NOT solve the total Leisure deficiencies in a city. Only help alieveate them --by not making you pay for them.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 29 December 2010, 01:00

alkor wrote:It still does not really answer my question - have those objects function of leisure?

As previously stated, screenshots will help us to help you.

thiagodom

Postby thiagodom » 29 December 2010, 04:43

PLEASE
how install ?

keeda

Postby keeda » 29 December 2010, 04:57

to install...
make sure game is not running...
download and unzip patch (I usually use my download folder for these files)
copy or move .patch file to C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011\Paks\(Create a new folder in this directory to install your mods -- call it MyMods)
restart game

thiagodom

Postby thiagodom » 29 December 2010, 05:25

keeda wrote:to install...
make sure game is not running...
download and unzip patch (I usually use my download folder for these files)
copy or move .patch file to C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011\Paks\(Create a new folder in this directory to install your mods -- call it MyMods)
restart game

thanks ..
and how to get citie's leisure " green " ?

keeda

Postby keeda » 29 December 2010, 05:57

One leisure building will not solve all of your leisure problems. you need multiple buildings on the proper roads to fullfill the needs of all citizens in a city.

You will need many leisure buildings per a given population. The larger the population, the larger the amount of leisure needed. You can read up on this here to get a better feel for the game. Actually reading the entire Omnibus should be required reading for all. There is an incredible amount of great information contained within.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”