[MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Moderator: Focus Team

alkor

Re: [MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Postby alkor » 29 December 2010, 15:08

Keeda and mr-tom, thanks for help, now I think I will manage to solve it on my own, when I`ve put many of these buildings, I saw a big progress - from red to light yellow or even green in some areas so I guess I just need more of it.

But maybe you can tell me sth else (I now it is not a subject of this topic, but maybe you know) what limits possibility of trading with other cities? In one of my cities I used the buildnig form ploppable sandbox mod, which gives me a large number of tokens, but some of them I cannot trade - for exemple, I can trade electricity, holiday, officies, waste but cannot trade fuel, water and any kind of industry.

keeda

Postby keeda » 29 December 2010, 20:54

alkor--read this ... most likely you have run out of freight capacity. Open another thread if you have continued questions about trade. I would be glad to help.

Helter_Skelter

Postby Helter_Skelter » 03 January 2011, 22:16

All my leisure problems disappeared when i built stadiums...try to build at least two stadiums and you'll have very few leisure's problems...

ByLeven

Postby ByLeven » 08 January 2011, 15:47

Thanks man! I have yet to live in a city that is directly responcible for, and will pay for my leisure activities =P

dragoneyes001
End 2010 Award - Greatest Gameplay Innovation

Postby dragoneyes001 » 16 January 2011, 11:52

ByLeven wrote:Thanks man! I have yet to live in a city that is directly responcible for, and will pay for my leisure activities =P

you mean you've never lived in a city with parks, swing sets and other kids stuff, beaches, picnic areas,bike paths,skate parks,community centers,library's,arenas,sports fields .....etc...etc...?

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 16 January 2011, 13:07

dragoneyes001 wrote:
ByLeven wrote:Thanks man! I have yet to live in a city that is directly responcible for, and will pay for my leisure activities =P

you mean you've never lived in a city with parks, swing sets and other kids stuff, beaches, picnic areas,bike paths,skate parks,community centers,library's,arenas,sports fields .....etc...etc...?

:lol: I rather suspect that the context was the leisure menu in the game. Certainly I don't know of a city that provides heliports, climbing walls, paintball, bowling, go carting to all of its citizens for free... :P

Parks - AFAIK nobody has made the avatar park an "earner".

dragoneyes001

Postby dragoneyes001 » 16 January 2011, 22:12

mr-tom wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:

:lol: I rather suspect that the context was the leisure menu in the game. Certainly I don't know of a city that provides heliports, climbing walls, paintball, bowling, go carting to all of its citizens for free... :P

Parks - AFAIK nobody has made the avatar park an "earner".
not for free but they do subsidize them with tax dollars. (and I don't mean the ones you listed)

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 16 January 2011, 22:28

Absolutely.

That's why we were quite selective with this mod - we wanted things like go-carting to be free to the city, but stuff like skateboard parks to cost the city money.

adron

Postby adron » 19 January 2011, 00:28

Umm, the exception building option under retail stays locked until 150,000 population. So, say at 50k, i can't build bowling alleys that I can normally build at that level..

adron

Postby adron » 19 January 2011, 03:14

Ok, now i'm having real problems with this mod.

These places are being counted as retail. as a result, retail support in existing cities goes through the roof and they go out of business, lowering leisure levels, even if i delete most of my retail shops, the leisure shops alone provide too much retail and then citizens complain about no shops.

These places should be counted as leisure ONLY but not cost the city, they make enough money to run themselves.

Additionally, i still cant plop them until 150,000 residents

Return to “Custom Content Forum”