[MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Moderator: Focus Team

keeda

[MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Postby keeda » 24 December 2010, 02:19

...... just lost my entire post by hitting the back button on the mouse...... :evil:

Anyway... the short version now... 8 buildings converted from leisure (cultural/sport) to retail operations

1. Bowling Alley
2. Concert Pub
3. Paintball
4. Go Karting
5. Music Hall
6. Heliport
7. Multiplex
8. Panoramic Resturant

These buildings best represented retail operations which is why I chose them. Buildings retain Leisure/Landmark effects (via the layer tags) but are displayed as retail in the overlays. They are now located under the Commerce/Retail/Exceptional menu (star icon) to allow for individual plopping as opposed to zoning. Locking parameters still exist unless you are playing in sandbox mode so they may not appear right away. Building names and directories have not changed so this mod will replace the existing buildings. If used in an existing city with original versions present, the new functionality should replace the old one. If you delete the mod, said buildings should revert back to their original settings. Confirm this with a test city first to be on the safe side.

Any suggestions, questions, problems, etc., post on thread or PM me...

Version 1.0 Updated December 23, 2010

leisure2retail.zip

screenshots can be found here

mcsnetworks

Re: [MOD]: Leisure to Retail Conversion

Postby mcsnetworks » 24 December 2010, 04:59

This is the way these items should have been to begin with.

The fact that a go cart track or multiplex costs the city money is down right dumb, anyone with a 1st grade level of economics knows better.

keeda

Postby keeda » 24 December 2010, 05:07

you are so correct. It has bother me for some time now especially since I am so fond of economics.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 24 December 2010, 09:35

Added to index.

Nice work. 8-)

Frode789

Postby Frode789 » 24 December 2010, 16:32

This is great, I was looking for something like this. Nice.

keeda

Postby keeda » 24 December 2010, 23:16

mr-tom -- thanks.
frode789 -- glad to be of help.

I have posted new screenshots of the leisure effects for the Concert Pub (see screenshot link above). This will give others confirmation that these new retail buildings have retained their leisure attributes.

alkor

Postby alkor » 26 December 2010, 19:02

Hello
Good mod, but now I have a problem - special objects in retail bussiness became unavailable (just after installing was available, but after some time are not). So now I cannot biuld any of these. What can I do about it?

keeda

Postby keeda » 26 December 2010, 19:54

alkor -- just to confirm, does the menu item disappear for the retail special objects -- or -- object within the menu for "retail expectional"/special objects? If the problem is the menu item (star icon) disappears, try clicking on the industry icon then clicking on the commerce icon. Another question, are you running Globex Unlocker? Sandbox mode or Normal mode?

alkor

Postby alkor » 26 December 2010, 20:57

Keeda - there is no icon for special objects in retail bussiness. The moment before I started the game once again I the icon appeared, but after I clicked sth else (streets), it dissapeared. Lookes like I need to shut down the game every time I want to build leisure objects.

I don`t know what the Globex Unlocker is. I am using few more mods - for metro and Ploppable Sandbox, but not in this city.

keeda

Postby keeda » 26 December 2010, 21:11

Ok, this is a small bug I noticed in the game itself. This will happen whether you have this mod installed or not. Here's what to do:

Click on Retail menu. If special menu exists, then you are ok.
If special menu does not exist, then click on Industry menu then click back on Retail menu. Special menu should be there.

The Industry menu has "special/exceptional" menus for everything except for farming. The Housing/Residential menus do not. By clicking the Industry menu, the special/exception menu will become enabled and when you go back to the Retail menu, you should see the special/exceptional. When you click the Housing menu, the special/exception menus become disabled. The reason they work with the Industry menu is becuase by default this menu starts with Heavy Industry and this sub-menu has a special/exceptional menu. This is one of the bugs in the game I plan on reseaching further once I get some projects out of the way.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”