[MOD] User's Mods - Orientation Pearl Tower

Moderator: Focus Team

user

[MOD] User's Mods - Orientation Pearl Tower

Postby user » 20 August 2011, 09:15

Hi, here is a list of all the mod that I have made. All comments and criticisms are welcome :)
Thanks Hyperwolf for his fantastic fan site XL Nation. All my mods are hosted in this site.
Note, you need to register as a member in XL Nation in order to download the mod.

Highway interchange remove collsion box mod 20 Aug 2011
This mod allows buildings to be built near to the highway interchange.
http://xlnation.net/content/highway-interchange-no-collision

Collision box remover mod (bridge height mod) 24 Aug 2011
This mod removes the collision box of bridges. Hence, you will not need to worry much about no enough room to build the bridge!
Moreover, this is also a mod to lower the bridge height.
http://xlnation.net/content/collision-box-remover

Fork Road Mod 1 Sept 2011
The fork road connects expressway/six lane road to 4 smaller roads.
http://xlnation.net/content/fork-road-mod
Discussion thread on main forum

Forest Mod 1 Sept 2011
Plant more trees in one single click. Trees can be placed in any ground.
http://xlnation.net/content/forest-mod

Reactivate Orientation Panel for Bridge and Highway 5 Sept 2011 (Version 2) 11 Sept 2011
This mod give you the road orientation panel for constructing bridges and highways.
http://xlnation.net/content/orientation-panel-bridge-and-highway

Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai 15 Nov 2011
http://xlnation.net/content/oriental-pearl-tower-shanghai

Modding Tutorial 8 Sept 2011
I have made a tutorial on some basic in making a mod.
Hopefully more tutorial will come soon.
http://xlnation.net/content/modders-lesson-one
Last edited by user on 15 November 2011, 07:04, edited 10 times in total.
Joinning the world largest Cities XL forum XLNation.net
Over a hundred mods hosted on XLNation and new mods are coming out every week!
Also, over 150 City Journal has been shared, lot of them are uniquely created and designed!

mobio

Re: Highway Interchange No Collision

Postby mobio » 20 August 2011, 16:45

Works, thank you!
Only a little "bug": can't build bridges over interchanges, collision still present in that case.

user

Postby user » 21 August 2011, 00:46

I have another mod to do so, but it is more like a cheat. That mod removes the collision box for roads completely.
Also, over 150 City Journal has been shared, lot of them are uniquely created and designed!

mobio

Postby mobio » 21 August 2011, 11:13

ongkengchai wrote:I have another mod to do so, but it is more like a cheat. That mod removes the collision box for roads completely.

The weird thing is that with the current mod you could lay a road over the interchange at ground level (that should be impossible, road will touch the interchange) but can't lay a bridge that won't touch the interchange...

Rene

Postby Rene » 21 August 2011, 12:06

Wow, this is the mod that I was looking few months ago, but because of restrictions in the mod then (building highway intersections and placing buildings and.. Don't remember all), Hyperwolf came with another mod: allow highway intersections, which I have used to build my cities. As fantastic as this mod sounds im not sure if I want to go back - as I have zoned so much already. But does this mod have any restrictions similar to earlier mod when placing the highwaysintersections and buildings?

Fantastic job anyhow!

What I want to stress is that a lot of users here have been hoping a reworked highway system from FHI, as the current is so full of flaws and difficult compared to that in SC4, but, this mod really opens the highway system of this game to a whole new level - moreso as it should have been from get-go. You could say that this mod is a reworked highway system.
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

hebl

Postby hebl » 21 August 2011, 18:09

Wow, brilliant hack! :D
Just one question - since you hid the colision box underground - will it cause any problems with underground trains? Or will it just block at certain height so that a simple raising or lowering of the track will be a sufficient workaround?

user

Postby user » 22 August 2011, 00:49

@mobio: In fact, I hid the collision box of the interchange underground. So, you can build any road on the ground. The bridge can't be built because the foundation of the bridge (underground) will hit the collision box.

@Rene: Thank for your compliment. In fact, this mod is not that great. I just simply change one variable there. This mod doesn't have the problem that hyperwolf's mod has. Hyperwolf's problem is, the highway will not snap to the interchange. But this mod will.

@hebl: You are right, at certain height, the track will hit the collision box. But at this point, the track is almost at the ground level already. The default height of the metro track is way below the interchange and this is not a problem.

One more bug of this mod is, placing the interchange will not clean up the tree on the ground. You need to remove all the tree around the area before building the interchange.

mobio

Postby mobio » 22 August 2011, 15:31

ongkengchai wrote:@mobio: In fact, I hid the collision box of the interchange underground. So, you can build any road on the ground. The bridge can't be built because the foundation of the bridge (underground) will hit the collision box.

@Rene: Thank for your compliment. In fact, this mod is not that great. I just simply change one variable there. This mod doesn't have the problem that hyperwolf's mod has. Hyperwolf's problem is, the highway will not snap to the interchange. But this mod will.

@hebl: You are right, at certain height, the track will hit the collision box. But at this point, the track is almost at the ground level already. The default height of the metro track is way below the interchange and this is not a problem.

One more bug of this mod is, placing the interchange will not clean up the tree on the ground. You need to remove all the tree around the area before building the interchange.

Only an idea (maybe a bad one): could you but the collinsion box waaaaaaaaaaay lower? Maybe this solves the bridge foundation problem.

user

Postby user » 23 August 2011, 01:11

@mobio: I can't, because it will hit the metro line. If you really want to build the bridge over the interchange, I can give you the collision box remover mod. That mod will sure allow you to build your bridge across the interchange.

mobio

Postby mobio » 23 August 2011, 11:15

ongkengchai wrote:@mobio: I can't, because it will hit the metro line. If you really want to build the bridge over the interchange, I can give you the collision box remover mod. That mod will sure allow you to build your bridge across the interchange.

You could post it here for everyone who needs it :)

Return to “Custom Content Forum”