Where can I find some saved cities for cities xl 2011?

Moderator: Focus Team

Rosloyoy5

Where can I find some saved cities for cities xl 2011?

Postby Rosloyoy5 » 04 April 2012, 02:13

i bought it when it came out for the purpose of downloading saved cities, and i still cannot find any. I've been searching the web daily for years now and I cannot find a single saved city to download. It is my dream to one day to be able to download saved cities for this game. I would be willing to pay money for the saved cities. Please someone help me I don't know what to do at this point.

user

Re: Where can I find some saved cities for cities xl 2011?

Postby user » 04 April 2012, 05:29

From what I am aware, there is none of the saved city uploaded online. There are some technical difficulty to do so. Before those problem is solved, it is quite hard to share cities.
Joinning the world largest Cities XL forum XLNation.net
Over a hundred mods hosted on XLNation and new mods are coming out every week!
Also, over 150 City Journal has been shared, lot of them are uniquely created and designed!

Rosloyoy5

Postby Rosloyoy5 » 04 April 2012, 14:41

Can anyone else confirm this? I would have never thought it would be that difficult to upload them.

user

Postby user » 04 April 2012, 16:11

There are actuallly some saved game files on the net, but are pretty old (for CXL2009).
The problem related to upload saved game:
- saved game files are big, could be a few hundred MB large
- city might depends on neighbour city on resourse
- saved game depends on mods. Most player has 50 to 100 mods installed. I know there are people having more than 200 mods installed. All the mods must be installed or else the saved game will clashed.
Joinning the world largest Cities XL forum XLNation.net
Over a hundred mods hosted on XLNation and new mods are coming out every week!
Also, over 150 City Journal has been shared, lot of them are uniquely created and designed!

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 21 July 2012, 22:07

I'm working on a project which I have explained on the following link: http://xlnation.net/content/mercurial-s ... r-citiesxl

It is still in testing, but the general idea is that you use the Mercurial software found here: http://mercurial.selenic.com/

With the proper instructions, you download the game save files *and* the patches from here: http://hg.mik-maq.com/citiesxl/

I still have to sort some problems out with it, then I need to make tutorials that guide people how to FIRST save their existing stuff THEN fetch the public version. If they wish to have write permission back into the repository, then there is yet another tutorial that would allow them to get write permission back into the project.

Once it is working, I'll try to remember to post back here for anyone interested in participating. It just takes extra effort because, as User said, you have patch files in one location and the game save is in yet another location AND you have to have the same game version AND anything like the current version of the User Interface Mod from XLNation loaded in. If you don't have the same stuff, this project will not help you. :(

But it would be a way for you to 'see' the cities that I create, and if you wish to participate, you will be able to 'share' your city with others.

futcoinsboy

Postby futcoinsboy » 05 June 2014, 16:31

Before those problem is solved, it is quite hard to share cities. http://www.fifacoinsltd.com/

Fifa Ultimate Team Coins | Fifa Coins

Return to “Cities XL 2011”