Extreme Performance Increase When in Save or Trophies Menu!

Moderator: Focus Team

Aeon

Extreme Performance Increase When in Save or Trophies Menu!

Postby Aeon » 20 August 2012, 23:48

I noticed something strange today. I have been having, like everyone else, performance issues with Cities XL 2011 even with a great CPU and GPU. But, today I clicked on the "Save" icon in the upper-left hand corner of the screen and everything sped up by 1000%, very fluid. I also tried this same thing with the "Trophies" icon around the "Save" icon and it did the same thing. So, I've concluded that these performance issues that everyone has been experiencing has something to do with the user interface. When the "Save" icon is clicked on, the UI disappears so that you can save, and that's when it speeds up. So, I know it's, mostly, not our computers that are slowing this game down. When the UI disappears, the game has no performance issues... :?:

That said, can you guys look into this issue and see is you can fix it, so that its fluid and fast when I'm not in the "Save" menu?

My Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (1GB)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.60 GHz
RAM: 6GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit

Thank you :D

clark12

Re: Extreme Performance Increase When in Save or Trophies Me

Postby clark12 » 23 January 2013, 07:56

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
:P
free test king questions free test king questions
70-433 testking 70-433 testking
70-663 testking 70-663 testking
BH0-006 testking BH0-006 testking

Aeon

Postby Aeon » 23 January 2013, 09:35

clark12 wrote:Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
:P

Thanks :D ! Are you someone who can report this to whoever can fix it? If not, thanks for noticing my post anyway. I'm glad someone did after 5 months :o .

PS:
I've upgraded my computer in that time (still don't see a great performance until in one of those menus :) )
New system:
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW (2GB)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Aeon

Postby Aeon » 05 November 2014, 17:17

missicbc wrote:Thanks for this very useful

Fut 15 Coins

You're welcome :D !

It's funny that I originally posted this 2+ years ago and the performance in Cities XL (with UI) has still not been fixed! Lol. Maybe some day.

And, another spec update for me (still not much more performance on this game):
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
CPU: Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz (huge upgrade from prev AMD)
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

Return to “Cities XL 2011”