Industries problem/bug

Moderator: Focus Team

oreotm

Industries problem/bug

Postby oreotm » 20 October 2010, 06:49

i am having problems with the industries first there's a message stating that "there's a problem with the offices" then when i clicked a heavy industry building there's always a red box stating random messages such as "the owner of this company won a lottery and flew to a tropical island" or "cities XL error...." then my industry bars (4 buttons on the upper right of the screen) always turns red then will turn green then will turn red again when i click on it it states i dont have any construction area for high-tech industry which i have a bunch of them when i click on the construction area of high-tech industry i always see these messages
a green box stating "a new business will open soon"
followed by red boxes stating "these business have problems with resources in the city", "manufacturing is far too hard to find! increase production or import" ,"High Tech industry is far too hard to sell! decrease production or export"

i thinks this is a bug or something can anyone help me with these... :D

Winter Dragon

Re: Industries problem/bug

Postby Winter Dragon » 20 October 2010, 08:34

It depends on what density of each resource building we're talking about.

Office buildings require Business Hotels and High Tech.
High Tech requires Manufacturing and Waste.
Manufacturing requires Heavy Industry.
Heavy Industry requires Electricity and Oil (I think, not playing the game right now)

In any case everything has a dependency on something else, and it sounds like you have a missing or weak link in your chain. Are your offices producing any tokens? What's your freight satisfaction like, is it a green circle?

oreotm

Postby oreotm » 20 October 2010, 09:21

i have alot of it i have about 15 junkyard, the heavy industries are well developed it also happens on some manufacturing buildings but i've been successful in building some my office is producing alot of tokens but most of them becomes bankrupt because none of the high-tech construction areas i build develops. my freights ok i've even zeroed my tax rate for all industries but still it hasnt develop... sorry for my bad english...

Winter Dragon

Postby Winter Dragon » 20 October 2010, 10:16

You don't happen to have a screenshot of the resource panel do you? Sounds like you're over producing heavy industry which is having a knock-on effect to everything else. Also do you need 15 waste sites? How big is the city? Are passenger services good? (You mentioned freight but offices use passengers.) Sorry to ask so many questions but it could be a few things.

oreotm

Postby oreotm » 20 October 2010, 17:18

yeah you're right i always tend to over produce all the industries i always like to build them all in high density is that bad? so that might be the reason why my industries aren't working well?

about the waste site i build alot of them cause my high tech industry says that there is a poor waste facility something like that...

i cant provide a printscreen of that as of the moment due to my city suddenly turns black i cant see a thing but the UI are there when i tried reloading it from my autosaved it still black?

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 20 October 2010, 21:14

I hope you have another save besides the auto save to go back to as the black city is an issue that is cropping up more and more frequently and as of yet there is no known solution to return your city to normal. Maybe one will be introduced in a patch but I think it more than likely that if there is a patch that deals with this black city issue, that it will more likely try to fix it from happening instead of fixing cities that have already turned black.

Unfortunate moral of the story is backup backup backup, I now keep seperate saves for each milestone in my city that I want to keep like 10kpop, 20kpop, 50kpop, 100kpop etc. One city of mine has a huge amount of saves due to the other city of mine that blacked out and not wanting to lose a second city in the same manner. Of course at some point, I'll go in and delete many of the saves as they are no longer needed.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

B_Duck

Postby B_Duck » 21 October 2010, 02:07

City Builder wrote: Maybe one will be introduced in a patch but I think it more than likely that if there is a patch that deals with this black city issue, that it will more likely try to fix it from happening instead of fixing cities that have already turned black.

that sounds so racist. :lol:
A woking set of brains is hat keeps horses from betting on people

andrewsuu

Postby andrewsuu » 05 March 2013, 09:13

You do realise you can swap out parts to a psd on your own

Return to “Technical Forum”