UI 'vibrating' CLX 2011

Moderator: Focus Team

Jagji56

UI 'vibrating' CLX 2011

Postby Jagji56 » 29 December 2010, 04:53

It's as basic as that. Not only is the UI doing it, so is the intro videos.

It was working fine. Then I go to play something else. I boot up CXL, and the menu looks crap, like its on a low res, and is vibrating....... I have no idea what caused it. But it is pissing me off. I am running Win 7 with two GTX480s, and i7 950. It worked fine, other than a single crash that I booted back up from and nothing was wrong. It was only after I went and played another game this started.

I have rebooted my PC, and that did not work.

I have tried it both with STEAM, and strait of the exe from with in the folder.

I am not using the STEAM in game. I have Raptr, but I turned it off, and it did not solve anything.

dragoneyes001
End 2010 Award - Greatest Gameplay Innovation

Re: UI 'vibrating' CLX 2011

Postby dragoneyes001 » 29 December 2010, 05:02

if you have the software do a check on your PSU voltages sometimes screwy graphics is a lead up to a PSU dieing (since the graphics cards are the greatest users of power besides the MB they tend to show funky issues when its failing.) the other issue that could do the same thing is large amounts of dust in your case and on your GPU's

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 29 December 2010, 05:04

What was the other game that you played? Did you install it from scratch or update it? If so, did anything else go on at the same time?

Jagji56

Postby Jagji56 » 29 December 2010, 06:20

City of Heros. Thing is, I rebooted after I played it to see if it would make CXL work, but it did not happen.

I have tried both with SLI off and on. same thing ether way.

dragoneyes001 wrote:if you have the software do a check on your PSU voltages sometimes screwy graphics is a lead up to a PSU dieing (since the graphics cards are the greatest users of power besides the MB they tend to show funky issues when its failing.) the other issue that could do the same thing is large amounts of dust in your case and on your GPU's

Would it not show it in other games as well? I just played Dead Rising with no problems. I can play X3 no worries. It is only CXL that is showing any sort of fuck up like this.

dragoneyes001

Postby dragoneyes001 » 29 December 2010, 07:05

depends on the load being dumped on your card some games may be more graphic heavy but are more efficient in the use of the cards so they don't run the cards up.
it should be easy to get a volt monitor for your system (enough exist) just google one and see how stable your power is if everything is running honky dory then you've knocked of one possibility with little effort.

just before my last PSU died I had a similar problem on another game and that's why I suggest you eliminate the possibility or find out you need a new PSU before it really dies.

Jagji56

Postby Jagji56 » 29 December 2010, 08:33

should have mentioned this before. I did a STEAM Validation on it, and it told me 1 file failed to Validate, and will be required. Anyway, I just did it again, and it gave me the same message.

When I go look at the download bit in STEAM, Cities XL has downloaded 0/0 bytes.....

Timmel87

Postby Timmel87 » 29 December 2010, 14:28

Hey,

just bought the game over Steam.
I have the same problem the only solution is running the game in the window mode ( F2 in the German-Version)
I hope they will fix that asap.

Jagji56

Postby Jagji56 » 29 December 2010, 14:42

Timmel87 wrote:Hey,

I have the same problem the only solution is running the game in the window mode ( F2 in the German-Version)

Worked a treat. thanks. XD

Yer, hope it dose get fixed.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 30 December 2010, 10:07

Suggest you contact support@citiesxl.com as they may have encountered the problem before.

Be sure to give them this forum link so that they can see the discussion so far and (if possible) post back the solution so that we know for next time.

Tom.

Jagji56

Postby Jagji56 » 30 December 2010, 23:59

mr-tom wrote:Suggest you contact support@citiesxl.com as they may have encountered the problem before.

Be sure to give them this forum link so that they can see the discussion so far and (if possible) post back the solution so that we know for next time.

Tom.

Um....

Timmel87 wrote:Hey,

Jagji56 wrote:
Worked a treat. thanks. XD

Yer, hope it dose get fixed.

Conclusion: window mode fixes 'vibrations'. However, if you go back to full screen mode, they come back, so you have to play in a window.

Return to “Technical Forum”