Cities XL 2011 Language

Moderator: Focus Team

punkmanmatthew

Re: Cities XL 2011 Language

Postby punkmanmatthew » 03 November 2011, 16:50

Well I just now am able to see your comments. They didn't show up before. I guess the forum is slow or something so that's
why it looks like I'm not answering your questions. But now to answer your questions I pasted the code you gave me into my
config file and all I get are boxes for my language. Not Chinese or English or anything just boxes.

nicko2u

Postby nicko2u » 03 November 2011, 17:00

punkmanmatthew wrote:Well I just now am able to see your comments. They didn't show up before. I guess the forum is slow or something so that's
why it looks like I'm not answering your questions. But now to answer your questions I pasted the code you gave me into my
config file and all I get are boxes for my language. Not Chinese or English or anything just boxes.

Sorry I cannot help further, hopefully a tech from Focus will be online soon to help you. I'm just a forum user like you. In the meantime try searching for other post with similar problems there are a few out there.

punkmanmatthew

Postby punkmanmatthew » 09 November 2011, 06:02

Does anyone know how to fix this?

RobMilliken

Postby RobMilliken » 10 March 2013, 19:02

Please know that the solution is to go to your game directory and follow the following path to find the .cfg file...

Data/Config/GlobalSettings.cfg

Remove the GlobalSettings.cfg file (back it up if you are too worried about it - I did).

Rerun the game. Now it should be in the proper language. (No, the .cfg file will not be recreated - not sure it is needed at all.)

The fix most people are stating about add a command line to force the game into English only works in the rare case that the computer is based in a different language... most of you I don't believe have that case.

Also, as an aside, to register here, I had to lie to prove I am human by saying that 6+4=12. Is it the case that the forum here wants to be sure all those that sign on board this forum must lie and therefore must not be a computer? Or is the 1984 alternative future here? Maybe I'll post again after reading up on my NewsSpeak.

Rob.

Return to “Technical Forum”