Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Moderator: Focus Team

Adro

Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Postby Adro » 29 September 2011, 11:31

Cities XL 2012 today unveiled more of its extensive new content through 4 exclusive screenshots of the game, showing some of the many new buildings the 2012 edition features. The screenshots also show off one of the new maps, an Oasis lost in the middle of a sand desert! The new maps will bring new challenges to all virtual city-planners: fractured or rugged landscape, landlocked constructible areas or easy access to natural resources... these challenging conditions and many more await you in Cities XL 2012!

See the images

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Re: Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Postby snick25 » 29 September 2011, 13:01

Interesting. Some of the new buildings look pretty neat, such as that glass pyramid. I look forward to seeing more! ;)

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 29 September 2011, 14:06

Aha some new scrn shots, thanks! :)

There's some nice new skyscrapers being showed on those pictures.

When can we see some more info bout the modding tools Adro?
Or any other features?
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 29 September 2011, 14:56

Looks pretty good actually but are there any plans for a patch to fix the transportation issues CXL2011 faced?

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 29 September 2011, 15:44

Very nice.

1) Will we be able to enjoy custom maps without having to destroy existing maps in the library?

2) What are your intentions for purchase by *steam* or *steam upgrades*?

3) Will we have access to pathing controls in modded lots to allow for creative things like the NAM for SC4?

4) Do you have plans for helping with mod management, such as the Plaza XL Mod Manager? Or *some* sort of means to allow us to enjoy mixing and matching some mods to some cities, without having to have all mods apply to all cities at all times?

ohadi195

Postby ohadi195 » 29 September 2011, 16:29

wow very cool :)

is it just me or the tower on pic #13 is the new one WTC building? and if it is, where is it's antena? :?

vinicoids

Postby vinicoids » 29 September 2011, 19:05

The pictures looks really nice, i like the new buildings, but i still waiting more informations by FHI about tech fixings and the modding tools. This silence about this fetures are making me afraid to buy the game. =/ besides, i like very much CXL, but the bugs and technical problems are making me lose every city I play =x

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 30 September 2011, 09:00

Welcome to the forum vini :)

Yea I understand what you mean, for the modding tools they said it is a "very powerfull" tool and that we can "create custom content to our heart's content".
So normally this should mean that a lot is possible, I think there's a lot people still waiting for some info about the modding tools though :D
I'm pretty confident that our modding community will make some great stuff for you to enjoy (currently some dudes here are making an incredible transport improvement mod :) )

For the technical issues, we don't know what will be fixed, however don't hold too much hope for it mate :cry:
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 30 September 2011, 12:08

diScOpOlis wrote:For the technical issues, we don't know what will be fixed, however don't hold too much hope for it mate :cry:

Yeah, that still puts this in the "lipstick on a pig" variety of upgrade. I'll likely make the purchase, but that will likely be further down on my priority list and likely in mid to late 2012 as I work on other priority issues. The silence on these issues while pushing the photos is as if to say, "Sure, it's the same pile... but just LOOK at how the new polish glistens off of it!"

CitiesXL wouldn't even be so bad if it didn't keep screaming, "Where's SimCity 5? Where the hell is SimCity 5!?!?"

vinicoids

Postby vinicoids » 01 October 2011, 03:29

diScOpOlis wrote:Welcome to the forum vini :)

Yea I understand what you mean, for the modding tools they said it is a "very powerfull" tool and that we can "create custom content to our heart's content".
So normally this should mean that a lot is possible, I think there's a lot people still waiting for some info about the modding tools though :D
I'm pretty confident that our modding community will make some great stuff for you to enjoy (currently some dudes here are making an incredible transport improvement mod :) )

For the technical issues, we don't know what will be fixed, however don't hold too much hope for it mate :cry:

Thanks for the welcome :) and yes, i'm not hoping technical improvements, at least, the more importants =/, but the modding tools, they told that are "powerful" but dont told us how much powerfull they really are, well, still waiting for more information, hope that FHI listen to us and give us a light about this things.. the community deserves it.

And, can u tell me what "transport mod" that dudes are making? i didn't heard nothing about that and i'm excited about that, because i just hate the way how we place "metro" in-game.

Return to “News”